Are you looking for a delectable and simple-to-make delicacy that will impress your taste buds and charm your guests? Look no further than the delightful world of sausage balls with Bisquick recipe! The rich flavors of delicious pork sausage, the gratifying fluffiness of Bisquick baking mix, and the lovely creaminess of shredded cheddar cheese combine in this delectable recipe. The result is a bite-sized treat suitable for any occasion, such as a family brunch, a casual get-together with friends, or an informal event.
The best thing about this recipe is its versatility. You can easily modify it to fit your personal tastes. Spice it up with hot sausage or use your favorite herbs for a flavor boost.
We’ll walk you through the steps to make these wonderful sausage balls with Bisquick recipe. You’ll have a batch of savory delight ready to eat in no time, from mixing the ingredients to shaping and baking.
So, let’s go to the kitchen and enjoy the pleasure of cooking these delicious Bisquick sausage balls. Prepare to appreciate the perfect combination of flavors and indulge in a snack that is sure to become a family favorite.
Ingredients You’ll Need to make sausage balls with bisquick recipe:
Gather the following ingredients to make these delicious sausage balls:
- 1 pound (450g) ground pork sausage (mild or hot, depending on desire)
- 2 cups (240g) Bisquick baking powder
- 2 cups (200g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- a quarter cup (60ml) milk
- 1 tsp dried rosemary (optional, but provides a lovely aroma)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional flavoring)
- a half teaspoon garlic powder
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Steps that you should Follow
Step 1: Preheat and Prep:
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line or lightly butter a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Combine Ingredients:
Combine the ground pork sausage, Bisquick baking mix, shredded cheddar cheese, milk, dried rosemary, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing dish.
Step 3: Mix Thoroughly:
Thoroughly mix all of the ingredients with your hands or a spoon until a well-mixed dough forms. Make sure the cheese and sausage are spread equally throughout the dough.
Step 4: Shape the Balls:
Take tiny bits of the dough and roll them into 1 inch (2.5 cm) diameter bite-sized balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet, leaving some space between them.
Step 5: Bake to Perfection:
Bake the sausage balls for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Now the sausage balls done: Serve and Enjoy:
Remove the sausage balls from the oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve warm, arranged on a serving plate. These sausage balls are so wonderful on their own that they don’t require any additional dipping sauce, but if you wish, you can serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips and Variations:
- Consider using hot pig sausage or adding a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to the dough mixture for an added spike of flavor.
- If you like a more herbaceous flavor, replace the rosemary and thyme with other herbs such as sage or oregano.
- You can make the dough ahead of time and chill it for up to 24 hours before shaping and baking the sausage balls. You may have freshly cooked sausage balls ready for any occasion this way.
- If you have any (which is doubtful! ), put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat them in the oven for a few minutes at 350°F (175°C) until warm.
How should we serve these sausage balls?
Serving Bisquick sausage balls is simple and adaptable, making them an excellent addition to any celebration. Here are some creative ways to serve and enjoy these delectable treats:
- Appetizer Platter: Serve the freshly baked sausage balls as an appetizer at parties or gatherings. To make eating easier and less messy, serve toothpicks or cocktail sticks alongside.
- Dipping Sauce: While sausage balls are wonderful on their own, combining them with a dipping sauce can improve the overall experience. Serve with a dipping sauce such as marinara, barbeque sauce, honey mustard, or a creamy ranch dressing.
- Breakfast or Brunch: Include sausage balls in a delectable breakfast or brunch dish. They go great with scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and warm biscuits for a filling and hearty dinner.
- Snack Time: Keep some sausage balls on hand for a quick and flavorful snack. They’re an excellent grab-and-go choice for satisfying hunger between meals.
- Potluck or Picnic: Bring a batch of sausage balls made with Bisquick to potlucks or picnics. They are portable and a crowd-pleasing option that everyone will love.
Sausage balls with Bisquick are sure to please no matter how you serve them. Their delicious, fluffy, and cheesy taste will leave you and your guests wanting more. Make these delicious delicious foods a regular part of your cooking range by enjoying them at any time of day!
Can we freez this delicious Sausage balls with bisquick recipe?
Yes, you can freeze sausage balls with Bisquick! Freezing them is an easy way to have a delightful snack or appetizer on hand whenever you want. You can freeze and reheat them as follows:
Freezing Sausage Balls with Bisquick:
- Allow the Sausage Balls to Cool. After baking the sausage balls and removing them from the oven, allow them to cool completely at room temperature.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper and arrange on it. Place the cooled sausage balls on the baking sheet, making sure they don’t touch. This will keep them from sticking together as they freeze.
- Once the sausage balls have been flash frozen, place them in airtight freezer bags or freezer-safe containers. For easy reference, mark the bags with the date.
- Place the sausage balls in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Reheating Frozen Sausage Balls with Bisquick:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) when you’re ready to serve the sausage balls.
- set frozen sausage balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper: Remove the required number of frozen sausage balls from the freezer bag and set them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the sausage balls in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until they are heated through and golden brown.
- Remove the sausage balls from the oven when they are warmed and slightly crispy on the outside, and they are ready to serve. Enjoy the delectableness!
By freezing sausage balls with Bisquick, you may create a large batch ahead of time and have them ready for any occasion. If you’re having a party or just want a quick and gratifying treat, they make a convenient and delightful snack or appetizer alternative.
Are sausage balls safe for children?
Yes, sausage balls with Bisquick are a kid-friendly snack that are likely popular with kids because of its excellent flavors and finger-food appeal. If using spicy sausage, simply be aware of the spice level and adjust it to their taste preferences.
Enjoy creating and eating these delicious Bisquick sausage balls, and feel free to get creative with the recipe to make it your own!
Watch video on Sausage balls with bisquick recipe:
Frequenntly Asked Questios about Sausage balls with bisquick recipe:
Can I use different kinds of sausage in this recipe?
Without a doubt! Depending on your preferences, you can use any type of ground pig sausage, such as mild, spicy, or Italian sausage. Experimenting with different sausage tastes can give the sausage balls a unique flavor.
Can the sausage balls be made ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the sausage balls ahead of time and refrigerate them before baking. This makes them an excellent choice for parties and gatherings, as they can be readily baked shortly before serving.
Can I use another baking mix instead of Bisquick?
You can replace different baking mixes with Bisquick if you want. Look for similar all-purpose baking mixes or biscuit mixes at your local supermarket.
Can I freeze the sausage balls once they’ve been baked?
If you have leftover sausage balls, you can freeze them after baking. Allow them to cool completely before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag and freezing them for up to 2-3 months. Simply bake them in the oven until warmed through to reheat.
Can I make the sausage balls with vegetables or other ingredients?
Without a doubt! For added taste and nutrition, add chopped vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, or spinach to the sausage ball mixture.